As a buyer and processor of many forms of wood and wood fiber, BHK encourages and/or requires their wood suppliers to perform the following.
- BHK of America requires that all of its suppliers of wood fiber, of any kind, be in strict compliance with the forestry laws of the country of origin and the United States.
- BHK requires that all wood fiber sold to BHK be from legally harvested wood. Suppliers will be required to provide documentation to that effect.
- BHK of America encourages all of its suppliers to obtain its raw material from forestlands that are managed under an accredited international standard of sustainability. If the forestland is not certified, BHK expects that the owners and/or managers of the land have a plan to achieve certification at some point in time. BHK, at any time, may ask for that written plan.
- Every BHK purchase order will contain these requirements.
- BHK of America will be good stewards of all wood fiber that it purchases and processes.
- All wood waste is collected and recycled.
- Wood waste will be minimized through our investments in technology, advanced processing techniques, and manufacturing efficiencies.
BHK of America will execute these policies conscientiously as our way of helping to assure that the world’s wood resources will be healthy and available for many generations to come.
BHK is committed to conducting business in a manner that manages environmental issues responsibly. We fulfill this commitment by:
- Complying with environmental regulations.
- Conducting operations in an environmentally sound manner.
- Applying the principles of reduce, reuse and recycle in all processes.
- Promoting environmental responsibility among our employees.
- Striving to ensure that suppliers agree to comply with environmental regulations.
- Pursuing continuous improvement in our environmental performance.
- Clearly communicating BHK’s environmental policy, practices, and impact to interested parties.
BHK adheres to the standards and rules of the following:
- All products manufactured by BHK of America are in compliance with the current CARB II standards.
- All imported wood substrates are required to be in compliance with the LACEY Act.
- BHK of America has gained FSC® Certification (FSC# C1111678) for it's line of ready to assemble drawer systems and drawer parts. FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certified products are available upon request. Please contact your BHK Sales Representative for additional information
- GREENGUARD certified products are available upon request.
Please contact your BHK Sales Representative for additional information.